Thursday, July 3, 2008

Minke Goes to the Arena!

Well they all got new shoes on, on Wednesday, so i took Minke down to the Arena on Thursday (yesturday) We did some more flat work, - man this horse has the lovliest canter- Still got to work on the trot though! So after about 15mins of flat work, i decided to pop her over a few jumps someone had set up a small grid/course, the last jump was a big, about 1.05m and i though ill do the others, then skip around the last one and go over the first one again. Well it didnt turn out like that LOL

We flew around the first 4 jumps, minkes little ears were pricked forward, she adjusted her stride, and "pop" we flew over the last big jump! It was a very cool moment for me, she is just such a honest darling of a mare. A lady and her dog had stopped and watched, and were clapping after the last jump! Was quiet cool!!!

I really wish i could be a really brave jumper, so i could compete her in SJ or the likes, as i think that is her "forte`" But you never know what the future holds..After my fall last season (well when my horse fell down with me, it has knocked a wee bit of my confidence!) Hopefully ill regain my confidence, and me Minke will go out there next season and knock everyone's socks off! Hehe! I'd also love to take her to HOY!

No comments: